Demonstration pages and slides
Disclaimer: these two pages were made solely to test and show accessibility features which support people with low vision. They do not represent an ideal accessible site, since they have insufficient link context, minimal alt text, and no screen-reader support. I'm pretty sure a real designer could come up with a better logo too :)
Vision Australia has comprehensive information about the types of vision impairments prevalent in Australia. Microsoft's Inclusive Design site has articles and videos about how people with vision impairments use the web.
- Resizing in Firefox
- Resizing in Chrome
- All IE access features, including zoom and text resize
- Zoom in Safari
- Mobile browsers allow pinch zoom, but any permanent resizing must be done at the mobile's operating system settings.
- Color Accessibility Workflows by Geri Coady
- Simply Accessible was designed and illustrated by Geri Coady
- Lea Verou's contrast checker allows you to test with different opacity values
- Why Luminance is the Key Component of Color by Steven Bradley
- We Are Colorblind has great examples and references
- Smashing Magazine has a strong article on Improving color accessibility for color-blind users which has useful techniques for forms and other UI features. These will work for many vision impairments, not just color-blindness.